In this first episode of the Through the Aftermath podcast, your hosts Shawn and Jonathan introduce themselves to the post-apocalyptic community and discuss their intentions with the show. Some key points:
* Each show aims to be 45-60 minutes, and will be released every two weeks.
* The show's focus will be the post-apocalyptic setting as it pertains to Earth and its survivors in a dystopian society. This could include anything from nuclear holocaust to a virus outbreak to the zombie apocalypse and more.
* All media will eventually be discussed in this genre, yet the main focus will be on gaming.
* It is planned as both entertaining and educational, even going so far as to have historical information on the evolution of the apocalyptic scare and fun tips on surviving the collapse of society.
* John from Limited Edition will be contributing a regular segment entitled "Outta Print" regarding comics in the post-apocalyptic genre.
* Spoilers are inevitable, but there are plans to warn listeners with a "Duck and Cover" type jingle before the spoiler starts.
* This project will reach much further than a simple podcast. There are Fallout 3 mods and contests planned, plus an up-to-date Twitter account for the very latest news in the entire genre.
We hope you've enjoyed this first episode, and if you'd like to get in touch with the show, shoot an email to "show at throughtheaftermath.com". Check out our website at www.throughtheaftermath.com for more about us, the show and how to reach us on Twitter and Facebook.
Promo from The Signal podcast, entering their 5th season on January 27th.
Theme music is "The Fourth Tribe" by Michael Gordon Shapiro. Used with permission.